Oct 04, 2018
Could you help TFL to improve its services?
Transport for London has put out a call for innovative tech fixes to push its services into the cutting edge. They want to make London’s transport network the envy of the world – and they need some disruptive, emerging tech ideas to work with.
They’re accepting clear, concise, and to-the-point pitches for ideas which will enable them to overcome the challenges that they’ve identified. Pitches which are picked up by TFL could well be the making of any burgeoning startup. TFL is a big name, with a lot of funding behind it, and any innovation they adopt will quickly gain international attention. So, if you’ve got an idea, it could catapult you and your business onto the global stage.
TFL’s challenges focus on the following areas:
- Customer information.
- Speed and frequency of services.
- Reducing the impact of adverse weather conditions.
- Noise reduction.
- Theft reduction.
- Staff performance and collaboration.
- Signalling and communications.
- Data analysis.
- Closure minimisation.
- Cost reduction.
- Track renewal.
So any tech ideas submitted should focus on tackling one of these challenge areas. You can learn about TFL’s challenges in more detail here.
Submitted ideas should be:
- Relevant –TFL wants technology-focused ideas which specifically address one of its key challenges.
- Novel – Your idea should be different to current approaches. TFL is looking for groundbreaking stuff.
- Sound– On a basic level, your innovation should be feasible, should work, and should provide tangible improvements or benefits to the network and its customers.
If you have (or if you can think up) an innovative solution which could help TFL, flick through the submission T&Cs, and get in touch with the innovation portal here.